Blemish Balm a.k.a BB Cream: Everything You Need To Know Forget about Foundation, it’s is the time for BB cream. BB cream is a multi-tasking product, leaving the skin with a lightweight, protected and flawless. What differ BB cream from foundation and tinted moisturizer, is the formula with ingredients like antioxidants, which fight issues like blemished skin and aging, and usually have a sun protection factor. The bb cream pigments blend seamlessly to match every skin tone. Usually BB cream only have one to three to choose from, light, medium and dark. So you don’t have to try millions of different shades to find yours.
InStyle have put together a list of their favorite BB creams on the international market. As you know, BB cream has been a standard product in the Asia Countries for a longer period of time already. From what I see, the BB cream in Asia usually have a higher number on the SPF factor, which is not weird due to the fact that they are more exposed to the sun in Asia countries. And the fact that they like to stay pale of course. So we on Nu.A.B.0 will also list our favorite BB creams from the Asia market.
I’ve heard that BB cream orignially comes from Germany by a dermatologist called Dr. Christine Schrammek in the 1960s. The cream was initially used to protect skin after laser treatment and surgery, providing light coverage. This cream was 1980s introduced to Japan and Korea and has been named “the secret of Korean actresses”. Many of the brands started to introduce BB cream not long ago to countries outside Asia, but brands like Maybelline, Clinique and Vichy which can be found in the Asia countries as well already launched their version of BB cream long before they launched it internationally. 1. Boscia B.B. Cream SPF 27 It’s the B.B. Cream that launched a thousand flawless finishes. The first of its kind to be released to the U.S. market, this wonder product ($38; sephora.com) comes in one color-morphing shade that minimizes pore size.
2. Clinique Age Defense BB Cream The tiniest amount evens out imperfections and minimizes the use for concealer ($37;clinique.com).
3. Stila Stay-All-Day HD Beauty Balm Peptide and bamboo microspheres fill in fine lines on contact and help diminish them over time ($38; sephora.com).
4. AMOREPACIFIC Moisture Bound Tinted Treatment A hydrating green tea and bamboo sap formula ($70; nordstrom.com) that stimulates skin’s natural hyaluronic acid and collagen production.
5. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream We love the way the smooth formula ($7;target.com) melts into skin, and the even finish it creates.
6. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream Optical pearl pigments impart a lit-from-within glow, and the lightweight formula won’t clog your pores ($39; sephora.com).
7. Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector Thanks to this fresh-scented balm ($13;garnierusa.com), our skin looks natural and bare—only better. This was the first BB cream that come to Sweden.
8. Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm A blendable mineral-infused tint ($32;sephora.com) that strengthens skin’s elasticity and imparts a dewy finish.
9. MAC Prep + Prime BB Cream Wear this sheer cream ($30;maccosmetics.com) alone for a natural finish, or layered under foundation for longer-lasting coverage.
10. L’Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier Four transforming shades work seamlessly with every tone, making harsh, uneven lines a thing of the past ($8; target.com).
11. Dr. Jart Water Fuse Beauty Balm Consider this a tall glass of H2O for parched skin. Formulated with 50% water, this hydrating cream ($34; sephora.com) is ideal for dry complexions, and creates a refreshing cooling sensation on contact.
12. Estee Lauder Day Wear BB Creme Thanks to potent antioxidants, this free radical-fighting superhero battles damaging elements before they take effect on your skin ($38; esteelauder.com).
13. Dior Hydra Life BB Creme Infused with plant extracts from the Dior gardens, this black rose blend ($56;dior.com) aids a youthful complexion and protects skin from free radicals.
14. Sulwhasoo Snowise BB Cream This high-tech cream ($60; sulwhasoo.com) transforms UV rays to reflect pink, giving once-dull skin a matte, radiant glow.
15. 3LAB Perfect BB Mariska Hargitay is a fan of this vitamin-rich mixture ($95; 3lab.com). We love the roll-on sponge that snaps into the tube for precision perfect application.
16. Dr. Brandt Flexitone BB Cream The chameleon-like formula ($39;sephora.com) comes in one customizable shade that blends to match fair and deep skintones alike.
1. Skin 79 SUPER blemish Balm Gold
I personally use this one now, and I like it, gives pretty good coverage and a nice and even tone.
2. Missha M Signature Real Complete BB cream
Sure has a long name. I tried this one a little in the store, and I actually was close to buy this one. But since I figure I already had two I decided to lay low with this one. I think this one also has a very good coverage.
3. Skin Food – Aloe Vera BB cream
This is one of the best seller in Skin Food. I don’t remember if I tried this one or the one called Mushroom BB cream.
4. Skin 79 Diamond
The reason why I’ve listed two of Skin 79’s BB cream if, I like to recommend this one, this is one of mine favorite BB cream, and I’ve tried a few, especially when you receive tons of samples when you are in Korea. This ons gives a nice glow with a medium coverage.
5. Etude House Precious Mineral Sun BB Cream SPF50 PA++
There is 3 Colors to choose from and high SPF factor plus UVA protection.
6. Laneige Snow BB cream SPF41/PA++
Moisture essence type, triple function moisture BB Cream with Liquid Crystal Essence.
7. Holika Holika BB cream Face 2 Change Liquid Roller SPF 15
This function allows you to control the amount you want to use. This product contains Argan Oil from Morocco and high level deep ocean water from Hawaii. The cream provides a moist full coverage for a clean and natural look and feel. The roller itself is replaceable and washable.
8. It’s Skin Prestige Cream d’escargot BB cream SPF 25
9. Innisfree Jejubija Anti Trouble BB cream SPF 35/PA++
Enriched with torreya seed extract from pure jeju island, jejubija Anti-trouble helps control blemish for clear skin
10. Innisfree Eco Natural Green Tea BB Cream
Moisture BB Cream with green tea extract.
11. The Face Shop Power Perfection BB Cream
A ‘3 in 1’ BB cream (anti-wrinkle, whitening, sun protection) with perfect coverage.
Total Skin Treatment BB Cream: actively addresses all skin problems such as loss of firmness, dry skin, uneven skin texture and dull complexion.
12. Tony Moly Luminous Godess Auro BB Cream SPF37 PA++
Tonymoly Luminous Goddess Aura BB Cream: It is a new all-in-one type BB cream of moisturizing, no darkening, coverage, primer, calming, and sunscreen. It makes face bright and moist all day.
13. Etude House AC Clinic Intense Daily Sun BB cream SPF30 PA++ 50G
Etude House AC Clinic Daily Sun BB SPF30 PA++ : Formulated with Salicylic Acid and Hinoki Cypress,AC Clinic delivers trouble care. UV protection BB Cream supplies natural expression coverage with a non-comedogenic formula.For blemished skin.
14. Baviphat Magic Girl Plus BB cream, SPF 30
Read some really good review on this one, good coverage and oil controlling. Can be used as a makeup base and foundation while concealing blemishes for a flawless look. Select mattifying ingredients control sebum production to reduce shine and keep skin fresh. Comes in two choices depending on skintype; 1# fresh for oily skin and 2# Moisturizing for Dry Skin
15. Lioele Silky Highlighter BB Touch, SPF27/PA++
It is formulated to soothe your skin, improve & heal your skin imperfections (e.g acne, facial scars, pimples etc), controls your facial oil while keeping your skin moisturized and smooth. It contains microscopic subtle pearl to give skin a glowing luxurious look. It also claims that it makes the face looks smaller…..lol?
16.Skinfood Mushroom Multi Care BB Cream, SPF20 PA++
triple functional BB cream that contains skin-friendly aloe & mushroom extract, adenosine and arbutin. A lightweight BB cream that goes on sheer, evening out skin tone and giving skin medium coverage.This multi-function facial cream acts as a foundation to cover existing blemishes, nourishes skin to prevent wrinkles and boosts skin regeneration to reveal younger looking skin with improved elasticity. Its active ingredients, arbutin and adenosine, help improving your skin tone with their firming effects